Led by Deacon Dileep Athaide of Sacred Heart Parish, Ladner, BC
Customized Itinerary Copyright © 2017 Aquinas Institute
Photo of St. Anthony Copyright © 2017 Aquinas Institute.
All other photos are public domain from Wikipedia.
CELEBRATE THE 100TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE APPARITION OF OUR LADY IN FATIMA.
SEE JESUS IN THE EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE IN SANTAREM, PORTUGAL.
SEEK GOD’S HEALING OF SOUL AND BODY THROUGH THE ASSISTANCE OF OUR LADY IN LOURDES, FRANCE.
FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEPS OF 10 FAMOUS SAINTS – TERESA OF AVILA, JOHN OF THE CROSS, IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA, POPE JOHN XXIII, POPE JOHN PAUL II, RITA OF CASCIA, FRANCIS OF ASSISI, CLARE OF ASSISI, ANTHONY OF PADUA AND MARK THE EVANGELIST.
IN ITALY, VENERATE THE INCORRUPT BODY OF ST. RITA IN CASCIA, THE INCORRUPT BODY OF ST. CLARE IN ASSISI, THE TONGUE OF ST. ANTHONY IN PADUA, AND THE RELICS OF ST. MARK THE EVANGELIST IN VENICE.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DISCALCED CARMELITE ORDER, THE SOCIETY OF JESUS (THE JESUITS) AND THE FRANCISCAN ORDER.
VISIT JESUS IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT OF THE GREAT BASILICAS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN ROME.
PRAY THE ANGELUS WITH POPE FRANCIS AT THE VATICAN.
EXPERIENCE GOD’S LOVE, MERCY AND PEACE IN MEDJUGORJE.
* The itinerary is subject to change without notice as may be necessary.
* The itinerary has been carefully planned to visit the maximum possible holy sites during the 14 days of the pilgrimage.
* The purpose of this pilgrimage is to bring pilgrims closer to Jesus, to honor Our Blessed Mother and to learn more about the saints.
* This pilgrimage is highly spiritual with participation in the Holy Mass daily and other unique religious activities especially in Fatima, Lourdes and Medjugorje.
* Our pilgrims are encouraged to participate in all the religious activities depending on their health and disposition.
DAY 1 – Friday, June 9, 2017
MORNING DEPARTURE FROM VANCOUVER TO LISBON
DAY 2 – Saturday, June 10, 2017
Scenic City Tour of Lisbon
Church of St. Stephen in Santarem
– where the Eucharistic Miracle is shown
Tour of Fatima
The Tombs of St. Francesco and St. Jacinta
Mass in the Chapel of the Apparitions.
Rosary in the Chapel of the Apparitions.
Candlelight Marian Procession in the Prayer Area
Overnight at the Domus Carmeli of the Discalced Carmelite Order in Fatima – 5 minute walking distance to the shrine.
DAY 3 – Sunday, June 11, 2017
Mass in the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity
The Hamlet of Aljustrel – where Francesco and Jacinta lived
Valinhos – where Our Lady appeared to the children
after they returned from prison
Stations of the Cross from the Chapel of the Apparitions
Confessions in the Chapel of Reconciliation.
Rosary in the Chapel of the Apparitions
Eucharistic Procession in the Prayer Area
Candlelight Marian Procession in the Prayer Area
Overnight again at the Domus Carmeli of the Discalced Carmelite Order in Fatima.
DAY 4 – Monday, June 12, 2017
FATIMA/SALAMANCA/ALBA DE TORMES/FONTIVEROS
Mass in the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima
Depart for Salamanca
Scenic City Tour of Salamanca
New and Old Cathedrals of Salamanca
Salamanca – where St. John of the Cross lived and studied theology
Alba de Tormes – death place and tomb of St. Teresa
Convent of the Annunciation in Alba de Tormes
– Site of the incorrupt heart and left arm of St. Teresa
Fontiveros – birth place of St. John of the Cross
Depart and overnight at the Universidad de la Mistica in Avila
– El Centro Internacional Teresiano-Sanjuanista (CITeS)
– Dedicated to the promotion of Carmelite Spirituality of St. Teresa and St. John of the Cross
DAY 5 – Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Scenic City Tour of Avila
Mass at the Catedral del Salvador de Avila
The Convent of St. Joseph
The Convent of St. Teresa – the birth place of
St. Teresa of Avila
The Monastery of the Incarnation
The Cuatro Postes Monument – where St. Teresa and her brother were found
by their uncle running away to be martyrs
in the land of the Moors
Depart and overnight at the Abba Burgos Hotel in Burgos
DAY 6 – Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Scenic City Tour of Burgos
The Cathedral of St. Mary in Burgos
The Sanctuary of Loyola – where St. Ignatius was born
Depart for Lourdes
The Pyrenees Mountains
Mass at the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
The Grotto of Massabielle
Torchlight Marian Procession
Overnight at the Hotel Roissy in Lourdes – 5 minute walking distance to the shrine
DAY 7 – Thursday, June 15, 2017
LOURDES – ALL DAY
Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Lourdes
Tour of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes
Crypt, Upper Basilica, Rosary Basilica,
Crowned Statue and Rosary Square, Underground Basilica,
Church of St. Bernadette, Chapel of Reconciliation, and
St. Joseph’s Chapel
Bath at the Sanctuary
Drink the Miraculous Spring Water
The House of Bernadette
The Blessed Sacrament Procession
Overnight again at the Hotel Roissy in Lourdes.
DAY 8 – Friday, June 16, 2017
Early morning flight from PAU Lourdes to Rome, Italy
Pick up at the Da Vinci Airport
Scenic Bus Tour of Rome
The Basilica of St. John Lateran
The Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls
Overnight in a Convent in Rome
DAY 9 – Saturday, June 17, 2017
Mass at the Basilica of St. Peter
Noon Time Angelus Prayer and Blessings by Pope Francis at the Vatican
Tour of the Basilica of St. Peter and the Sistine Chapel
Overnight in Rome
DAY 10 – Sunday, June 18, 2017
Mass at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome
Tour bus from Rome to Cascia
The Basilica of St. Rita in Cascia
– The patron saint of impossible cases
– The Incorrupt Body of St. Rita
Basilica della Santa Casa in Ancona
– Our Lady of Loreto Shrine (time permitting)
Arrive for overnight stay in a Convent in Assisi
DAY 11 – Monday, June 19, 2017
Bus Scenic Tour of Assisi
Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
– The Tomb of St. Fancis
The Basilica of St. Clare in Assisi
– The Incorrupt Body of St. Clare
Overnight in a Convent in Assisi
DAY 12 – Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Depart Assisi for Padua
Mass at the Basilica of St. Anthony in Padua
– The Tongue of St. Anthony
Confessional Chapel in the Basilica of St. Anthony
– Beautiful huge painting of God the Father and the Prodigal Son
– Go to confession here and experience joy in your heart.
Depart for Venice
Gondola Ride to St. Mark’s Cathedral
St. Mark’s Cathedral
– The Relics of St. Mark the Evangelist
Piazza San Marco, Doge’s Palace and The Grand Canal
Flight from Venice to Split
Scenic evening drive from Split to Medjugorje
Overnight in Medjugorje
DAY 13 – Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Mass and Blessings at the Church of St. James
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Apparition Hill and Cross Mountain (KRIZEVAC)
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Rosary Prayer in the Church
Overnight in Medjugorje
DAY 14 – Thursday, June 22, 2017
MEDJUGORJE TO SPLIT AND DEPART FOR CANADA
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Price: CDN $4,500.00.00/person.
* This is the most economical price for a pilgrimage visiting the holy sites of 5 countries in Europe.
* You have the option to stay longer in Medjugorje. The anniversary of Medjugorje is on June 24-25, 2017.
* If you decide to stay longer, you will pay for the accommodations with meals for the extra days and for the bus transfer from Medjugorje to the Split airport.
* Advise Teresita Nixon if you wish to extend your stay in Medjugorje so she can make arrangements for you.
* You may purchase your own air tickets from Vancouver to Lisbon and from Split to Vancouver and pay Aquinas Institute for the land portion plus the airfares within Europe.
1. GST and all taxes.
2. Return airfare from Vancouver and to Vancouver.
3. Transportation by train, bus, gondola and/or ferry.
4. Double occupancy accommodation.
5. Extra charge for single occupancy accommodation.
6. Accommodations in convents, monasteries and hotels.
7. Two (2) and/or three (3) meals every day except where the convent or hotel offers only breakfast.
1. Any tips to driver/waiters/porters/guide, if available.
2. Any meals not provided in No. 7 above.
3. Entrance fees to sites.
4. Border tax/visa fees/departure fees, if any.
5. Optional activities and expenses of a personal nature.
Bring with you:
1. Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
2. A Canadian citizen does not need a visa for any of the 5 destination countries.
3. Signed Waiver of Liability.
4. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Payments, Deadlines and Cancellation Policies:
1. Register with full payment by cash or credit card only.
2. $500.00 of the total price is a deposit that is non-refundable/non-transferable/non-creditable.
3. If you cancel before May 9, 2017, you will receive a full refund less the $500.00 deposit.
4. If you cancel after May 9, 2017, your full payment is non-refundable/non-transferable/non-creditable.
5. If we cancel, you will receive a full refund.
CONTACT: TERESITA NIXON
TEL: (604) 868-2354 or (604) 940-7006
ADDRESS: 205-938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N9
BC Travel Agent Licence #71122 Consumer Protection BC